RESOURCES FOR RESEARCHING HOSPITALS
Resources for Researching Hospitals:
As you research a potential assignment, it’s important to know where you are going. With the world at your fingertips, you can find valuable insights into healthcare facilities, encompassing their reputation, staffing ratios, and work environments. Our objective is to equip you with the necessary knowledge to make well-informed decisions aligned with your professional aspirations.
When researching a healthcare facility and its reputation, staffing ratios, and work environment, there are several websites you can use. Here are some reliable sources:
- Hospital Compare (https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare): This website provides information on the quality of care at hospitals in the United States. You can search for specific hospitals and compare their performance on various measures, including patient experience, readmission rates, and staffing levels.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade (https://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/): Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade assigns safety ratings to hospitals in the United States. It assesses factors such as infection rates, patient falls, and communication with nurses and doctors.
- Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com): Glassdoor is a platform where employees can anonymously review and rate their employers. You can search for the healthcare facility you’re interested in to read reviews from current or former employees. It can give you insights into the work environment, culture, and employee experiences.
- Healthgrades (https://www.healthgrades.com): Healthgrades provides information on healthcare providers, including hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare professionals. You can find ratings and reviews for hospitals and get details on patient satisfaction, quality measures, and patient outcomes.
- The Joint Commission (https://www.jointcommission.org): The Joint Commission accredits and certifies healthcare organizations in the United States. Their website allows you to search for accredited hospitals and view their performance in areas such as patient safety, quality improvement, and compliance with standards.
- State or regional health department websites: Many state or regional health department websites provide resources and information about healthcare facilities in their jurisdiction. They may have data on staffing ratios, safety inspections, and other relevant information.
Rapid Temps offers comprehensive support and assistance in your quest for the perfect job location. From researching reputable healthcare facilities to evaluating staffing ratios and work environments, we are here to ensure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions. Trust in Rapid Temps to be your steadfast companion as you navigate the exhilarating world of travel nursing. Together, let’s embark on a remarkable adventure that will elevate your career to new heights.
(It’s important to note that while these websites can provide valuable information, it’s always a good idea to consider multiple sources and gather a range of perspectives before making judgments about a healthcare facility.)